Struggles After SCF Course Completion

• Hello:

I am a returning Purity Bootcamp student from long ago (more than a decade), looking to finish the course, this time. I wonder what some of the common struggles you have noticed former students reporting, even after they had successfully finished the Pure Freedom Course?

Thanks,
    BRIAN

• Mentor

Hi Brian, I'm not sure of "common struggles" other than we all continue to battle the flesh. That will always be a struggle until we see Jesus face to face. "For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another so that you do not do the things that you wish." (Galatians 5:17 NKJV)

But here is something that I have seen that has been "common" from students who have started these new courses in Setting Captives Free. They have begun to see the power of the Gospel (Jesus' death on the Cross, His burial and resurrection) change their lives as no other study has done in the past. The verse just before the one quoted says: "I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16 NKJV)

Here is a promise from God that tells us there is victory over the lust of the flesh when we are walking in the Spirit. And the only way to walk in the Spirit is by repeatedly going to the Cross. There at the foot of the Cross as we look upon our Savior and see His bloody body that was whipped, beaten, nailed to the Cross for our sins - something begins to happen in our hearts. Our hope grows because we find that the whole of the Christian life is "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy, He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit," (Titus 3:5 NKJV). God has saved us from our sin, the old man is crucified, and we are learning to walk by faith. (Galatians 2:20)

As you begin the Purity Bootcamp course look for the three critical principles of Washing at the Cross, Walking in the Spirit and Warring against the flesh. Ask for a mentor, and hopefully, there will be one available.