The Necessity and Power of Prayer

• Mentor

I want to Praise God for the gift of prayer!

Praise Jesus that we can go directly to our Heavenly Father with Jesus as our mediator. We don’t need a priest or anything else. God states the facts that “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;” (1 Timothy‬ ‭2:5‬). Jesus is at the right hand of God and living and pleading for you and me. “...he ever liveth to make intercession for them.” (Hebrews‬ ‭7:25‬). ‭How awesome! We have a risen, living Savior. He is touched by our pain and struggles and wants to carry us through them! He conquered sin, death, shame, hurt, fear, negativity, everything that is destructive, and the world! We simply need to look to Him and cry out in prayer.

Praise God that we have His Word and an example of the importance of prayer of Christ in the garden. He earnestly prayed (Luke 22:44) to His Heavenly Father, and we need to too! If Jesus needed this, how much more do we?! God fights on our behalf in this spiritual battle we face! He is a God of war and all powerful. Praise Him for never sleeping (like the disciples did) and never failing us! Love this promise: “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews‬ ‭4:16‬). That a huge promise! He will help us and give us grace and mercy to handle whatever comes our way. Let that encourage us all! 🙌🏼

Our prayers aren’t useless, they do something! “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” ‭‭(James‬ ‭5:16‬). We can uplift each other in prayer and be encouraged that prayer brings healing. It’s arguably the best thing we can do for someone. Prayer is powerful and effective! God promises to hear our prayers so many times in His Word if we are right with Him and genuine. And it doesn’t stop there. Isn’t that like God to just do us one better? “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,” (Ephesians‬ ‭3:20‬). He has something better for us in store when we seek Him! Praise God!!

Didn’t plan on going further, but I read the prayer for the Ephesians:
    “For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”
    ‭‭(Ephesians‬ ‭3:14-21‬)

Wow! Isn’t this what our souls seek?! Imagine if we consistently prayed this for each other. Inner strength from the Spirit of God. Experiencing and living in the amazing love of Christ who died for us. Being blessed with the fullness of God and the above and beyond blessings He has in store. And living in all of this for His glory. Praise to God!!

Emily 10/4/17

• This was good. Thank you for posting it.