Prayers Needed

• Global Moderator

Prayers needed...messing up and doing something foolish seems to be my middle name. Prayers needed to be more of an example of Christ on my job, instead of letting this flesh of mine destroy my witness ☹

Romans 7:15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

• Mentor

@Kelly-Dorsey Praying for you now dear sister!

• Mentor

@Kelly-Dorsey Kelly I'm praying for you right now sister.

Father I pray for Kelly today, please remind her that in Jesus we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace. Help her to see Jesus stretching out His hands on the cross, speaking right to her that You have removed her sins as far as the East is from the West! And help her to overflow with gratitude for what you have accomplished when you said "It is finished", and please work mightily in Kelly that she might work with all her might, not working as unto man but unto the Lord. In Jesus' name, amen.

• Mentor

Remember Paul continues to say:

"O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? (25) I thank God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. (2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 7:24-25 and 8:1-2 NKJV)

Taking responsibility is one's "foolishness" and confessing that to those involved, asking for their forgiveness is a powerful witness of the grace of God in our lives. The non-Christian does not do that - they will find an excuse and blame others. With God's grace and help, you can get better at letting our light shine.

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that we are still a work in progress. Help Kelly and all of us to remember that we are being used as a witness for you. Even when we do "foolish things," give us Your grace and humility to ask for forgiveness of those who are affected by our poor decisions and demonstrate the power of the Gospel within our lives. Let our light so shine that they will see our good works and give You the glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.