Gospel Teachings Through Ephesians--Chapter 2

• Mentor

This is chapter 2 taught by Mike Cleveland. We hope these encourage, challenge and instruct you in the gospel.

Ephesians 2--Mike

• Global Moderator

Awesome! I love these type of teachings. Can't wait to do this.

• Global Moderator

i listened to this expository on Ephesians 2 and I don't think I have ever seen the Gospel so clearly in this chapter before. So grateful for that. Ephesians 2 :14-16 really spoke to my heart. I knew in my mind that our response to others who do bad things against us should be love but for some reason it had never been brought home to bear how the Cross helps us do that. It made perfect since when Mike said a parents response to a child that rebels and pushes their parents away should be to draw them near as Jesus brought us near despite how much we have rebelled against Him and had animosity and hostility towards Him. The Holy Spirit opened my eyes to see the Cross in that moment and it just became so clear to me.

My mom is coming to visit for the holidays in a few weeks and we always struggled in our relationships due to past hurts, abuse etc... I was having a lot of anxiety over her upcoming visit. Mostly because of fear of how I would respond to her. I didn't want their to be hostility and animosity between us.

Now I see clearly how I can be free of that; by just choosing to respond in love to everything, and just taking every single opportunity to draw her near. I'm actually excited about the thought of doing that. I know that this is easier said than done but its just nice to have anxiety replaced with hope 😊

• Mentor

@Kelly-Dorsey Kelly, so wonderful to see the effect the gospel has in your life, that by looking at the cross you see God has drawn us near even when we were rebelling. This is what we want to do with others; when they reject us we love them. When they push us away we draw them near in love.

And this love God has for us is intense and passionate, and is what enables us to love others as He has loved us. I made a short video clip about this if you want to see it called "God's Passionate Love."

• Global Moderator

Thankyou Mike I really appreciated listening to this. So humbling that the Lord would passionately love somebody like me.