Prayer for my wife and my health.

• Lord, teach me to pray as I need to learn to come boldly to your throne of grace. You are breaking me where my only hope is in You but You will provide me grace in time of need. Thanks for those who pray with me, they are such an encouragement. Keep me from harm and cover me under your Wings.

• God finally showed up and spoke to me and said all those things you cling too and love, that you find security in, needs to be put on the altar and sacrificed. Your health and your wife's, your money, your theological education, your career, your horse farm you pride yourself in needs to be brought to the altar. Just as Abraham brought Isaac to slit his throat as God requested. It is so comforting to hear from God but what He was asking me seems so unbearable. Then God told me He had provided the Lamb of God to take away my sin and to count everything else as rubbish in comparison to knowing Christ. My wife Audrey is doing this through her Precept Bible study and I must now too. We are in the Lord's hand and every trial He allows into our lives is filtered through the loving hands of our Father...

Please continue to pray for our health and our brokenness so Christ may shine through us.

• Mentor

@Jan-Kohlmann Thank you for sharing this Jan. Truly, it is a fearsome thing to intimately engage with the Lord of all. Abram trembled, Moses trembled, the prophets like Isaiah trembled too, and Paul himself.

But God spoke brother, and they obeyed, and the world was changed by men surrendering all, just as you are presently. My own prayers for you and Audrey are increasing daily brother. Your witness as to what is truly of value, that witness to the people around you seems it must be a precious thing to the Lord, of infinite value as it shines into those lives around you brother.

Abba Father, you have spoken to Jan in your mercy. We pray, breath life and strength into our brother and sister now, life that imparts life into others, strength that imparts strength into others; the life and strength of your Son.

• @Rob-Robertson I used to preach how God could not use a man or women greatly until he hurt him or her deeply. I think how the Father allowed His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ to suffer so deeply that through His suffering on the cross, death, burial, and resurrection He could give us new life, all the ones that the Father has given Him. The Holy Spirit reminds me of the great truths of Scripture including how Jesus cried out on the cross my God, my God why hast thou forsaken me, why are thou so far from my roaring. The Holy Spirit our comforter with the Father and the Son gave Jesus new resurrected life and He promises that to us someday, so my hope in the trials is eternal life with the Trinity. My wife's health has turned for the worse and she was asked to leave her clinical trial at Mayo Clinic as it was not effective. She is a Godly woman and was Director of Religious education while I was an Army Chaplain at Fort Sill, Ok. My health seems to improve slowly so your prayers are a lifesaver. I appreciated a 2-hour phone call with Bill M. to encourage me as we share a lot in common.

Thanks all for praying and being there for me as we serve a Great God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. May our lives be a sweet savor to Him.

• Lord help my wife Audrey and I make it through today. Make your Holy Spirit bring us comfort in our pain and draw us near to you.

• Need prayer as in great pain, wife in serious shape, Jesus, through your stripes we are healed. Thanks for prayers.

• Lord God heal my body and save me from my sins of Pride, greed, lust envy, resentment, gluttony, and laziness. Heal my soul and body and save my wife from cancer. Please pray God would cleanse my heart and heal me and my wife. Lord God save me from my evil heart and give me your Holy Spirit to cleanse me of my sin.

• Mentor

@Jan-Kohlmann Praying earnestly each day my brother. Father, supply to my brother your perfect peace. Jesus, we search within and cannot find it there, but you alone can implant that peace as we view your cross, the perfect symbol of love. We surrender to you Lord and fall into your arms.

• @Rob-Robertson Thanks for your prayers, as it is so hard to have my wife Audrey, dying and I can't be with her. God continues to purify my heart and I pray He restores my body back to health. I pray God will be with you too in the midst of the trials of life. Your such a blessing.

• Mentor

Dearest brother, I'm sure Audrey is taking great comfort from her Saviour. He too died without his dearest loved one present. Indeed his Father had to turn his back on him at his greatest moment of suffering, so that Audrey, and you, and I, could be the recipients of this extravagant and tender grace we know. I know that you already know this Jan. I hast share it again by way of reminder for us to look to the cross right now, and say 'thank you Father, thank you Jesus, thank you Holy Spirit, thank you for the cross, because of which we can enter into our sufferings WITH YOU, and not alone.

• Mentor

Abba Father, we come before you again this new day and thank you for the life and witness of Jan and Audrey.

Father, we know your purposes in allowing suffering in this life are beyond our understanding. I just want to thank you though for the witness of faith that Jan and Audrey are. Lord, use them in whatever circumstances they are in today, even in pain, show grace to them and through them I pray. May Jesus, and the cross, shine forth today through this precious couple.

• Our Lord is drawing us nearer to him and He is becoming my all in all. My wife and my body are decaying rapidly but God has given us eternal hope. We feast on the words of Christ and He is sufficient for all things. Thanks for the wonderful teachings here and mentorship. These studies are so valuable to my relationship with the Lord.
    2 Cor 4:16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

• I am clueless about Christ's suffering because He was sinless. Much of my suffering could be attributed to my own sin. Our loving Lord disciplines us as His children and now is showing me His love during this time of suffering. I pray for a pure heart and deliverance from any evil way within me. I caused much suffering for the Lord Jesus on the cross as my sin bearer and do not need to add to it by living an unrighteous life. Please pray I can keep in step with the Spirit and be kept from hurting the heart of my God through my own lusts, the world, the flesh, and the devil.
    Philippians 3:9-11 English Standard Version (ESV)
    9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

• Mentor

@Jan-Kohlmann Father in heaven, I pray for Jan right now, that the eyes of his heart might be enlightened; that is, that his heart might see the glory of the cross of Jesus Christ. I pray this in order that Jan may know the hope to which You have called him, that Jan might see how Jesus practically became "hopeless" on the cross that Jan might be filled with the hope of the gospel. Lord show Jan the riches of his glorious inheritance in your holy people, and show him how Jesus impoverished himself to make Jan rich in grace, rich in love and rich in eternal life. Lord, please reveal to Jan, even today, your incomparably great power for him as he believes the gospel. Help Jan to see Jesus crucified in weakness but risen in power. Help Jan to know that same power, that mighty strength that you, God, exerted when you raised Christ from the dead and seated him at your right hand in the heavenly realms. Lord let Jan set his heart and mind on things above where Jesus is seated, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. In Jesus' name, amen.

• @Mike-Cleveland Thanks Mike, I am so happy to hear from my mentor Bill M. that you are bringing back the study on the power of the Cross of Christ. I truly believe this is where freedom to set the captives free is found. May we feast on the Lord Jesus Christ who gave His body and blood for us. Thanks so much for this ministry and the love of Christ shown by you and the mentors here.

• Mentor

@Jan-Kohlmann said in Prayer for my wife and my health.:

@Mike-Cleveland Thanks Mike, I am so happy to hear from my mentor Bill M. that you are bringing back the study on the power of the Cross of Christ. I truly believe this is where freedom to set the captives free is found. May we feast on the Lord Jesus Christ who gave His body and blood for us. Thanks so much for this ministry and the love of Christ shown by you and the mentors here.

Amen Jan, the cross of Jesus puts love deep into our hearts, humbles us, makes us loving to all. Yes, we are bringing back The Cross: Finding Life in Jesus' Death, once we update and release other courses. This is the current order:

Weight Loss and Leader's Guide--Finished
    Purity Bootcamp and Leaders' Guide--Finished

Purity Follow-Up--May 2019
    The Cross-Finding Life in Jesus' Death--August 2019
    Depression course--October 2019
    The Cross-Centered Mind--January 2020

• Through my affliction, I am learning the Word of God and how destructive sin is in my life. Please continue to pray for each other that we may remain pure, walk in the Spirit and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

• Mentor

@Jan-Kohlmann said in Prayer for my wife and my health.:

Through my affliction, I am learning the Word of God and how destructive sin is in my life. Please continue to pray for each other that we may remain pure, walk in the Spirit and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Hi Jan!

I love the things you pointed out here Jan and what you are learning form the Word of God! This is exactly what we see Jesus doing “through affliction.” While on the cross sin was “destroying” the flesh of the One who “remained pure” even through insults, beatings and affliction and giving up His life for many!

John 11:50 NIV You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish.

Father thank You for Jesus and for the massive trauma He endured in His flesh on the cross so that our flesh might be one day be glorified together with You! Thank You for lifting Jan out of the destruction of sin and darkness and into the Kingdom of Light. May Jan be strengthened to walk by the Spirit as he beholds the perfect offering upon the cross, a well pleasing aroma to God! In Jesus name. Amen!

• Mentor

Hi again Jan. Just know that you are being prayed for this morning here in Australia brother. I pray especially that you will allow God to use the affliction to the furtherance of the gospel brother.

I was reminded of the importance of keeping our eyes focussed thus only two days ago. Wednesday morning I was at the hospital getting the news that I do indeed have prostate cancer (more tests needed now before they decide on treatment). Wednesday night I got a phone call from a one time SCF student who just needed someone to talk to. With great joy I was able to point him away from the worldly counsel he was involved in back to the foot of the cross, and pray with him.

Every moment, every soul we encounter, point to the hope we have in Christ brother. I look with relish at serving my Lord in his actual presence one day soon myself, whether that be tomorrow or in 20 years in our measurement of time.

Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed--that exhilarating finish in and with God--he could put up with anything along the way: cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honour, right alongside God. (Heb 12:2 MSG)

• Mentor

@Rob-Robertson
    Rob, my heart has been full of prayers for you today, and for dear Jan and Audrey over the last months, praying that by the wounds of Jesus received at the cross, there would be healing according to His perfect and loving will, and that He would be glorified in these times of deep sufferings and sickness. Your loving and inspiring post Rob brought to mind the following verses:

I love you, O Lord, my strength.
    The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
    my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold…
    In my distress I called upon the Lord;
    to my God I cried for help.
    From his temple he heard my voice,
    and my cry to him reached his ears. Psalm 18:1-2; 6

I praise God for the technology of Forums that allows us to be united in prayer for you all asking for our gracious God to hold you tightly in His hands as we cling together in joy to the gospel – it is our Rock, it is our unassailable Fortress, it our sure Deliverance, it is our safe Refuge and
    Battle Shield. Jesus is our Stronghold of unbreakable strength.