Prayer for my wife and my health.

• Please pray for the Lord's healing of my lungs and my wife Audrey, who has terminal cancer. Thanks for your ministry here. Blessings, Jan

• Global Moderator

Father you are our restorer, and our redeemer. I know that Jesus took all our pain and suffering and sickness upon Himself when He died on the cross. Because He we broken we can be healed. Because He suffered, we can be comforted. Because He was punished we can receive mercy. So I ask in Jesus name for healing for Jan and Audrey. Holy Spirit restore them, renew them and revive them in your way and in your time. I pray they no longer have to bear this weight on their shoulders. I pray that they keep turning themselves to you during their time of struggling and receive from you the comfort and grace they need to make it from one day to the next.

Lamentations 3:22-23 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

• @Kelly-Dorsey Thanks for the wonderful prayer and I will trust the Lord as we agree together that He will hear us and grant the petitions. Thank you for being a burden bearer and prayer warrior.

• Mentor

Dear Jan,

I'm praying for you too now, and for Audrey.

Father in heaven, please help Jan and Audrey, heal their bodies or give them peace in their souls. Help them to turn their eyes upon Jesus and see Him being despised and rejected by men that they would be accepted and treasured by God. Help them to know in their hearts that Jesus was a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And yet He carried their sorrows when He was stricken, smitten by God and afflicted. Lord show Jan and Audrey the cross and help them to experience deeply the love you have for them through it. I ask this in Jesus' name amen.

• @Mike-Cleveland Thanks Mike for praying, we serve a mighty God. I have appreciated your ministry these past ten years and done most courses, some multiple times. As a retired Military Chaplain I really liked your course on the Cross of Christ. I am doing a study on the Holy Spirit using Arthur W. Pink's book. I would love to see a study on the Person and Work of the Holy Spirit in the believer's life.

• Mentor

@Jan-Kohlmann Jan I thought I recognized your name; it's so good to hear from you brother!

The Holy Spirit's work is so important isn't He? He directs us to the cross and helps us in our weakness, praying for us with words that we don't know to pray, and He seals us for all eternity. Oh how we do love the Holy Spirit, our Comforter and Guide!

We prayed for you this morning brother, and may the Lord richly bless you in His Word as you struggle with the illnesses.

Much love to you in Jesus Christ our Lord!

• Please continue to pray as both my wife and myself are still struggling with these health concerns. Blessings, Jan
    The Prayer of Faith
    James 5:13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up.

• Mentor

@Jan-Kohlmann Hi brother Jan. I just found this thread now and caught up with your news.

How I wish I could be there with you and pray and support you and your wife Jan.

Father, we know your purposes for us are good. Lord, help us in our illnesses, in our weaknesses to see the cross clearly that it might draw us onward, to the sure hope we have in Jesus. Father, bless my brother Jan and his wife in the midst of their current trial we pray.

• @Rob-Robertson Thanks Rob, you are a wonderful mentor and I appreciated the help you gave me before. My wife and I still suffer greatly from our infirmities and appreciate your continued prayer for healing and comfort during our trials. God is a great and good loving Father and he is helping me transition from loving this world to looking forward to being with Him.

• I still need lots of prayer for my wife and myself. Thanks, Jan

• Mentor

Father, we know that you hear Jan's prayer even before he writes it out. We know that you know the deepest and most intimate parts of Jan and his wife too. But Lord, we just come to you with the ache we have in our hearts when a brother and sister suffer.

Father, in Jesus our Saviour we cry out to you for healing, for assurance too in the midst of trial. help this precious couple to shine bright gospel light to all around them despite the health struggles Lord, and may it be your will that healing comes swiftly too.

( Oh Jan, how I wish we could pray together face to face, holding hands brother!)

• @Rob-Robertson Thanks Rob, it has been day by day for me, but the Lord keeps preserving my life. May I give everything in my life to Lord including my health and my wife's.

• This Psalm 42 hopefully will preserve me. I just listened to John Piper on this. I plead to God for my wife and my life.
    As a deer pants for flowing streams,
    so pants my soul for you, O God.
    2 My soul thirsts for God,
    for the living God.
    When shall I come and appear before God?[b]
    3 My tears have been my food
    day and night,
    while they say to me all the day long,
    β€œWhere is your God?”
    4 These things I remember,
    as I pour out my soul:
    how I would go with the throng
    and lead them in procession to the house of God
    with glad shouts and songs of praise,
    a multitude keeping festival.

5 Why are you cast down, O my soul,
    and why are you in turmoil within me?
    Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
    my salvation[c] 6 and my God.

My soul is cast down within me;
    therefore I remember you
    from the land of Jordan and of Hermon,
    from Mount Mizar.
    7 Deep calls to deep
    at the roar of your waterfalls;
    all your breakers and your waves
    have gone over me.
    8 By day the Lord commands his steadfast love,
    and at night his song is with me,
    a prayer to the God of my life.
    9 I say to God, my rock:
    β€œWhy have you forgotten me?
    Why do I go mourning
    because of the oppression of the enemy?”
    10 As with a deadly wound in my bones,
    my adversaries taunt me,
    while they say to me all the day long,
    β€œWhere is your God?”

11 Why are you cast down, O my soul,
    and why are you in turmoil within me?
    Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
    my salvation and my God.

• Thanks for the prayers, still in great need, God's grace will have to be sufficient. Still in great pain.

• Mentor

I sure hope that teaching on Psalm 42 has brought you to a place of peace my brother Jan.

There is no way I can say I understand what you are going through but know I am praying daily for you both, oh Jan, especially for his great assurance bought for you at the cross.

Stay focused on the goal we all share brother, to one day be standing with a new and glorious body worshipping our saviour face to face

• @Rob-Robertson Thanks Rob, still doing poorly and fighting to hang in there. Doctors not much help. I need the Lord's healing.

• Mentor

In the midst of this mighty testing my brother, my prayer above all is this - May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    (1Th 5:23 NIV)

What joy awaits us Jan, that on the other side of these trials lies the goal of our faith, eternal rest and joy with Christ our redeemer, with he (Son of God) who suffered once and for all to guarantee us that inheritance.

I pray, lift up your eyes to the sweetness all of his graces.

Praying constantly brother!

• @Rob-Robertson I appreciate you being my prayer partner. Asking the Lord to heal me or take me home as I can't sleep and have a lot of pain. God is faithful, looking for Him to show up to help me. I know He is there and loves me but I need His help to get me through.

• Lord, teach me to pray as I need to learn to come boldly to your throne of grace. You are breaking me where my only hope is in You but You will provide me grace in time of need. Thanks for those who pray with me, they are such an encouragement. Keep me from harm and cover me under your Wings.

• God finally showed up and spoke to me and said all those things you cling too and love, that you find security in, needs to be put on the altar and sacrificed. Your health and your wife's, your money, your theological education, your career, your horse farm you pride yourself in needs to be brought to the altar. Just as Abraham brought Isaac to slit his throat as God requested. It is so comforting to hear from God but what He was asking me seems so unbearable. Then God told me He had provided the Lamb of God to take away my sin and to count everything else as rubbish in comparison to knowing Christ. My wife Audrey is doing this through her Precept Bible study and I must now too. We are in the Lord's hand and every trial He allows into our lives is filtered through the loving hands of our Father...

Please continue to pray for our health and our brokenness so Christ may shine through us.