pray with me

• I'm having a tough time today. I'm stressed and of course my body is screaming..."stuff your face" and feel better. But I been meditating on 1 Peter 2:24 "He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; "by his wounds you have been healed." and Proverbs 20:30 Blows and wounds scrub away evil, and beatings purge the inmost being. and Romans 6:11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. And just reminding myself that I have died to that person that lived like there is no God and consoled herself with food. It's hard but dying is hard, it was hard for Jesus so it's going to be hard for me but He's going to help me. Pray for me.

• Father, I lift up my sister, Denise. Please strengthen her and help her to lean into You as You meet the needs that only You were meant to meet. Please strengthen her heart with grace and help her to focus on Jesus, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame... I ask these things in Jesus's mighty name, amen.

• Mentor

@Denise-D
    Praying for you my dear sister!

Amen Denise to looking up from the foot of the cross and meditating on the deep wounds of Christ and on the stress that Jesus bore when He suffered in our place, forgiving our every shortcoming and sin and lifting our guilt and shame clean away from our shoulders.
    "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him". (John 3:17)

When we look some more, we see Him with His arms stretched out wide in such a loving invitation to hand Him our concerns so that each one of our pressing burdens are now held fast in His Sovereign hands.
    “For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you’” (Isaiah 41:13)

And then staying a while more in His presence, we see that Jesus was under 'the oil press' of extreme stress and pressure at Gethsemane and Golgotha - indeed Gethsemane means “place of the olive press” - so that we can receive His gift of peace and stillness in our hearts.
    "Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him." Psalm 62:1
    "The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

We look up from all our Christmas busyness, our end of the year deadlines, our work and family struggles and temptations to over- ..... (whatever our sin struggle is) , and see our Jesus in the middle of that oil press between the rock base and the grinding wheel. "he was crushed for our iniquities," Isaiah 53:5. He endured the soldiers mockery, the crown of cruel thorns, the lashings, the nails through His limbs, till He cried out "It is finished!" and His work of rescue had been completed for us. The oil press was smashed, Satan defeated, God's anger and wrath spent completely on the body of His Son and even earthquakes of pressure erupted freely from the ground at Cavalry. We are set free when we look and look at Jesus!
    "In [Jesus] all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross." Colossians 1:19–20

• Thank you for helping me look beyond my struggles into the face of Jesus. I beg for Grace to keep doing that.