Weight Loss Lesson 30 Q 5 & 3

• Mentor

Question 5. Please share any anything else you want to say or ask with us.

Denise writes: "I’m so thankful for finding this class. For the first time in my life I feel free of the grip laziness’ and gluttony. I take that back, I don’t just feel free, I am free. I’m free to eat and free not to eat. I’m free from the chains of diets that was just as enslaving as gluttony and laziness. I know how to eat now. I’m not mesmerized by food anymore. Food has just become food because I’m now becoming more and more mesmerized by Jesus, by the Cross and His big love for me. I’m learning to feast my heart on Jesus and that be making all the difference. I’m savoring Christ every day, I’m suffering with Him and walking with the Spirit. I don’t always do this right but on them days I struggle and even fail, I don’t feel guilty and ashamed anymore because I know without a shadow of a doubt that I’m forgiven, I know I’m still loved by the Father just as much as He loves Jesus and nothing I do will ever change that. I know that He is never mad at me and it not be disappointment that He feels when I mess up but compassion and kindness. Tender love for me and He be eager to take me into His arms dust me off and gently send me back on my way. That feels so good to me and makes me want to keep running to Jesus not to sin. Hallelujah that’s the power of the Gospel! Savoring Christ, suffering with Christ and walking with the Spirit taught me that and has help me to experience that. I’m going to take these principles with me and be using them for every thing, Praise the Lord! Thank you Setting Captives Free.."

Question 3. What spiritual and physical changes have taken place in your life over the previous 30 lessons?

Denise writes "I think I did change. I understand Jesus in ways I didn’t before. Suffering with Jesus was a brand new thing to me. But it be what Jesus is calling us to do. Carrying our Cross mean suffering. I learned that suffering with Jesus is good and will lead me to stop sinning. But that will only happen if I be savoring Jesus and walking with the Spirit too. I learned that though suffering with Christ don’t always feel good, I can have joy while suffering if I just stay at the Cross and that will make it easier. And God has a purpose for suffering and it not just be the physical benefits like weight loss and not walking in the flesh, though that be good. But there’s spiritual benefits too. Jesus want to transform me on the inside so I can know Him more and experience more of His love for which will make me Love Him more and be more like Him and that make suffering worth it.

I stop getting on the scale after the second week. The last time I weighed myself I had lost 10 lbs. I think I lost more because my clothes fit different. I’m able to put on pants and take them off with even unbuttoning them. I have a coat that has gotten way too big and a few pair of pants I’m thinking about getting rid of cause they just too loose on me now."

• Mentor

@Joce-Gordon What I love about this writing is that Denise cannot stop talking about Jesus. And you can hear her heart loud and clear! Denise didn't find freedom from a program or support group but from the gospel!

"Food has just become food because I’m now becoming more and more mesmerized by Jesus"

"Hallelujah that’s the power of the Gospel! Savoring Christ, suffering with Christ and walking with the Spirit taught me that and has help me to experience that"

"I can have joy while suffering"

Who talks like this? Those who have and are experiencing death and resurrection power! Those who are looking to the cross and seeing the healing on the inside, in the heart. What and joyful journey this must have been Joce to see another transformation taking place.

• Global Moderator

Amen! Beautiful testimony

• Mentor

It's a wonderful testimony.

Brothers and sisters there is a real warning here though, and that is we cannot make the grace of God into license to sin. I'm not saying Denise did that, not at all. But it bears considering the following:

It is not good to say that "I can sin and Jesus goes on loving me." While that may be a true statement, it is a wrong heart attitude. If we look at the cross long enough we begin to detest sin. It makes us sick that we still have flesh, and that we can still be enslaved to sin. We set about to kill it, to crucify it, to learn what we need to learn to stop being enslaved.

Romans 6:3-4 (NIV) Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

The heart of a believer is to humble ourselves to learn what we did wrong when we fell, and set about with all the power of the Holy Spirit, all the power of the resurrection to absolutely crucify sin. Not to make excuses for it, not to just say "oh well, I'll have some good days and some bad days, it's ok Jesus loves me." Oh my word, no! That is mocking Jesus who suffered so much to *rescue us from sin. "She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21). Jesus died to save us from sin, not in sin.

It is true that every believer stumbles, we all stumble in many ways. But friends, please never make peace with your sin, especially considering Jesus' punishment for that sin. Don't make peace with your sin, but rather pray to be given a heart that hates it, that makes war with it, that wants to hang it on a cursed tree, drive a sword in its side and throw it away in a grave!

Jude 1:3-4 (NIV) Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God's holy people. 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

Sin so distorts our thinking that when we fall we will inevitably have incorrect conclusions about a lot of things, until we are washed by the Word of God. If you've ever spoken with someone drunk they distort logic and speak half-truths. Sometimes we say "that's the alcohol talking."

The same is true with any sin, it is drinking poison, toxic poison into our system, and we come to wrong conclusions and we distort the Scriptures to try to make them fit our experience.

This is the very reason why the prerequisite for being useful to the Lord is that we cleanse ourselves: "In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use. 21 Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work" (2 Timothy 2:21).

It is true that where sin increases grace increases all the more, so that we can never out sin God's grace. But to receive grace is to be taught how to say no to sin. Titus 2:11-12 (NIV) For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.

This is the only way to know if we are truly receiving grace from God: we are learning to say no to sin. This implies that we are humbling ourselves and asking God (and possibly others), "oh my, what did I do wrong? God help me! Teach me!" And we ask those we trust, who are walking with the Lord for help, and we listen and learn.

The heart of a believer, after a fall is to humble ourselves and seek to learn why we fell and to crucify that area of our lives that was open and exposed to the evil one. We do NOT seek to conform God's Word to our experience, but rather to conform ourselves to God's word.

This is the warning that always needs to accompany the thought that "anytime I fall Jesus just goes on loving me." We better be serious about crucifying our lusts, putting to death that which belongs to our earthly nature. For if we don't we will distort God's Word and remain enslaved.

• Mentor