The Most Excellent Study

• Mentor

What would you say is the most excellent study for expanding your soul? Would it be the universe? The study of galaxies or planetary systems? Or would it be philosophy with its never ending explorations into wisdom and learning?

"The most excellent study for expanding the soul, is the science of Christ, and Him crucified, and the knowledge of the Godhead in the glorious Trinity."

Packer, J. I.. Knowing God (p. 18). InterVarsity Press. Kindle Edition.

Do you want your soul to expand, to be enlarged and to grow? Then study the cross! Search its heights. Plumb its depths. Survey the wondrous cross on which the prince of glory died, and it will enlarge your soul nearly past capacity!

• Mentor

@Mike-Cleveland I remember doing a study in SCF 1.0 on The Cross. My first thought was there is no way there could be 60 lessons on the subject of the Cross. Boy, was I wrong. I think it was really that study that began to change my heart and cause me to fall in love with Jesus again.

"I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars; (3) "and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name's sake and have not become weary. (4) "Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love." (Revelation 2:2-4 NKJV)

Oh, how the Cross brought me back to that first love of the Lord.

• Global Moderator

@Bill-M Bill I'm right there with you. I remember that study too and those were my thoughts exactly. How can somebody get 60 lessons out of the Cross. Now I'm deeply amazed at how it was possibly confined to just 60 lessons. 😮

Job 11:7-8 "Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens above--what can you do? They are deeper than the depths below--what can you know?

• Mentor

We will update and republish "The Cross: Finding Life in Jesus' Death" within 6 months, Lord willing.

• Global Moderator

@Mike-Cleveland Yay! 🙌🏽👏🏽 I think that would be a great follow up for the new weight loss and Purity Boot Camp! As well as something we can refer to potential mentors who might need more guidance in becoming more Gospel Centered and Cross focused.