Depression L30 Q2

• Mentor

Depression L30 Question 2. According to Isaiah 53:3-4, what did Christ suffer on our behalf? How does that comfort you just now?

Pamela writes: "He was despised and rejected by men,a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. When I feel rejected or unloved, left behind while others seem to be running freely ahead. He gets it. When I feel like the energy of my body will never be able to accomplish all that my mind and heart want to do. He gets it. When I feel like I was made for more, but forget that the more isn't for here or now ,He gets it.I know that many who struggle with depression may or may not understand what I am speaking of but I know my Savior does. Because these are the thoughts that lead to discouragement. these are the things the enemy wants to use to cause me to compare myself to others instead of focusing on Christ.These are the thoughts that lead me to wanting to comfort myself with food, escape, numbing out on television. which then causes me to fall further behind. But when I preach the truth of the gospel to myself I realize all of those things are self focus. But when I focus on Christ and am consumed with love for Him, and am washed as I receive His love poured out on the cross for me. I am filled with comfort.And resting in that comfort often, but not always,( sometimes the obligations of this life need to be done with His peace in my heart and that is enough for that day and it's ok) strengthens and encourages me to pour this love and encouragement onto others for His glory."

• Mentor

@Joce-Gordon Amen! It's so wonderful to hear over and over how lives are being transformed by the cross! How our focus has been shifted from self to Savior, from death to life, from darkness to light and from pity to praise!

"But when I focus on Christ and am consumed with love for Him, and am washed as I receive His love poured out on the cross for me".

• I have a question.. I noticed that the weight loss course has a book. Does the depression course also have a book? It could really help. Thanks.

• Mentor

@SR-Coker The Weight Loss course is the only course out in print currently, and soon the Purity Bootcamp course will be out in print. Both come with a leaders guide for small group study.