Your online privacy is important to Setting Captives Free. We are committed to safeguarding your personal information to keep it secure and confidential.
Upon providing your contact information, you may begin receiving communications from Setting Captives Free by mail and/or email. Subscriber email communications will always contain unsubscribe instructions. If you would like to correct, update, add, or delete personal information, simply let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact information will never be sold, rented, or shared with others.
Setting Captives Free is committed to complying with legal requirements and industry best practices. The following policy explains the basis for which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. The data controller is Setting Captives Free.
You are legally guaranteed the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- You must approve your information to be processed for purposes you are aware of before it can be processed. You can give consent when providing your information.
- The right of access
- As data controller, you may request a copy of all personal data held by Setting Captives Free. You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com.
Along with your personal data, we’ll provide you with:
- your rights, as laid out in this policy
- the source of the data and the personal data concerned
- the purposes for data processing and how long your personal data will be stored
- the right to submit a complaint with a supervisory authority
- any details related to automated decision-making in use of your data
- The right to rectification
- You have the right to have your data corrected, if it is incorrect or incomplete. You can do this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to erasure
- You may withdraw consent or request deletion of personal data by emailing us at email@example.com or by going to your Setting Captives Free account settings and deleting your account.
- The right to restrict processing
- You can request that we keep your data but do not process it further by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to data portability
- You can request a copy of your personal data in a commonly used format by emailing us at email@example.com.
- The right to object
- You may object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes and profiling by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
- You have the right to not be subject to entirely automatic profiling algorithms. If any such algorithms are used, you can request information about the details by emailing us at email@example.com.
Data Collected and Processed by Setting Captives Free
We may collect and process the following personal data:
- Personal data you provide us with:
- When you enroll in any of our free online courses
- When you request to be included on a mailing list or database
- When you give a donation
- This information may include any of the following:
- Name, address, phone number, email, financial information (for donations), date of birth, gender, program status for you (i.e. student, graduate, etc.)
- Background information (you might choose—it is not required—this information while enrolled in one of the free online courses) such as:
- Personal history as it relates to your course
- Medical history as it relates to your course
- Religious background as it relates to your course
- The personal data we collect is stored as follows:
- Any personal data (your answers to the course lessons) collected by Setting Captives Free is stored for at least 1 year after the student’s last contact with the Ministry.
- Personal data collected by Setting Captives Free is stored in any of the following secure software/web applications:
- Quickbooks for information related to any financial transactions with the Ministry
- Paypal, @Pay, or Fundly if you have given a donation to the Ministry
- Groups.io for information related to individuals who have subscribed to our weekly eNewsletter
- The personal data we collect is processed as follows:
- By individuals in any of the following Ministry departments:
- Accounting department
- Mentoring department
- Customer Service department
- Donor Relations department
- Credit card/bank account information is processed in our secure server, then managed in our Ministry’s financial software.
- The personal data we collect from individuals who contact us by email, telephone or letter, may be kept and recorded for future references.
- The personal data we collect may be provided to third party services:
- For providers and suppliers who work for us or with us to help provide your product(s).
- For our Ministry to remain compliant with applicable commercial and tax laws to fulfill our legal obligations.
- However, we will not forward personal data to third parties for advertising, market research or polling.
- Should you elect to connect your account to or share anything from Setting Captives Free on social media, your IP address is shared with that organization: Google, Twitter and Facebook.
- It is our understanding that companies we share your IP address with are GDPR compliant and operate under EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Any information transmitted through the internet is not entirely secure. We will do our best to protect and secure your personal data, however, we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Any personal data is transmitted at your own risk. Once we have collected your data, we will use strict security policies and procedures to protect your personal data.
If you are not satisfied with how we have collected and processed your personal data, you can submit a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office .
Changes to this policy
We will post any policy changes on this page.